The 22nd annual ESACT Meeting will take place in Vienna, Austria at the Hofburg Congress Centre from 15-18 May 2011 will follow the theme of “Cell Based Technologies”. Throughout the meeting, workshops will be offered that highlight the importance of the cell as a central tool for scientific technologies and applications.
SAFC is proud to be a Gold Sponsor of this year’s event. We will be located at booth 215 and along with our partners, Sartorius Stedim Biotech, will present Workshop 4: Evaluation of Risk Mitigation Requirements Platform Expression Systems at 10:15 am on Sunday 15th May. Join SAFC at this workshop and learn how we can provide liquid solutions that add efficiency to your biopharmaceutical manufacturing process:
• as a trusted supply chain partner
• through global centers of excellence
• with world leadership in biodisposables
The workshop will be will cover the following topics:
• Development of new media and feed formulations to support industrially relevant platform expression systems
• Requirements to decrease the risk of drug therapeutics (raw material adulteration) and manufacturing shutdowns.
• How to handle manufacturing interruptions due to virus contamination events
• Transparency of the supply chain and processes improvements focused on protection of sources
• Viral risk management strategy
• Strategic partnership with Sartorius Stedim Biotech: the Four (4) different strategy points to reduce the viral contamination risk from the raw materials used in the fermentation processes
The workshop will be presented by the following industry experts who will also be available for a question and answer session directly following the presentation:
• Kevin Keyser, Global Manager Technical Applications, SAFC
• David Kolwyck, Associate Director Cell Sciences and Development, SAFC
• Tjebbe van der Meer, Product Manager Purification Technologies, Sartorius Stedim Biotech
SAFC hopes to see you there!